Following our exciting collaborations with both Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, and Novartis, and with an expanding small molecule drug discovery portfolio, Artios Pharma is recruiting for a laboratory technician to assist in the day-to-day running of our research laboratories as part of our lab support team.. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class research team in a dynamic, small Biotech company based south of Cambridge, UK. Artios is focused on identifying and developing cancer treatments by exploiting novel targets within the DNA damage response (DDR), a scientific area of high expectation following the success of PARP inhibitors in the clinic. The company is actively working on an exciting portfolio of unique DNA repair projects.
We have 2 clinical studies with our small molecules, ATR and Polθ inhibitors, in clinical development.
Outline of the role
You will join a growing research team within this innovative and expanding company. Your primary responsibilities will be to work as part of the lab support team ensuring the smooth running of the Artios research laboratories, including:
- Ordering of laboratory consumables.
- Cleaning and general maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Safe and proper waste disposal.
- Co-ordination of incoming and outgoing shipments of chemical and biological reagents.
- Maintaining databases of consumables and reagents.
Qualifications and Experience
- 2 A Level passes, one must be in Biology or a related subject
- Prior experience as a technician working in a biochemistry or cell biology research laboratory
- Experience in producing microbiological media, including agars, broths and buffers.
- BSc in molecular biology / cell biology / biochemistry or equivalent experience.
- Experience working in a tissue culture laboratory
- Experience working in a radiation laboratory
Key Skills and Abilities
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent teamworking skills
- Ability to work independently in an organised and methodical fashion
- High level of IT literacy, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Flexible approach to change
- Good knowledge of chemicals, their associated hazards and interpretation of Safety Data Sheets and COSHH forms.
- Experience of compound management
This is a permanent position, offering an attractive salary & benefits package. If you have the right background, then please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter using the link below:
The closing date 21st August 2022.
In order to comply with UK Employment Law, all applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK or if from the EU, subject to receiving a relevant Skilled Worker Visa to work in the UK.
No agencies, thank you.