A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an exceptional 2-4 PQE commercial lawyer to join Artios’ in-house legal team. As a key member of this close-knit team, you will assist all areas of the Company’s business (including its Commercial and Operations). Artios is an innovative and growing company within the life sciences sector, based near Cambridge, UK and with offices in New York.
Your specific responsibilities will include working on a wide variety of commercial contracts and other forms of legal documentation across all business areas, including for example, Master Service agreements, supplier and outsourcing agreements, Material Transfer Agreements and agreements related to research and collaboration. You may also be asked to assist with legal disputes and regulatory processes which arise across the business, advise on governance and compliance issues and help develop internal policies and knowhow for the department.
To succeed in this role, you must have a strong academic record and first-class training with proven drafting and negotiation skills, as well as be a natural communicator with the ability to build effective relationships across the Company. You must be skilled in juggling competing priorities and have the ability and appetite to work across a range of legal disciplines. As a busy and varied role in a fast-paced environment, good judgment and strong organisational skills will be key to your success as well. The Company’s legal team operates an open-door policy at all times so a personable and approachable personality is also essential.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Negotiating, drafting and providing ongoing support for a wide range of legal documents, including Master Service Agreements, Material Transfer Agreements, Terms and Conditions, Research and Collaboration Agreements and Clinical Trial documentation.
- Supporting the Clinical Development side of the business including negotiating and drafting agreements and providing ongoing legal support to them.
- Objective analysis of risks with ability and confidence to provide solutions quickly to satisfy legal and business requirements.
- Establishing strong working relationships with the business units.
- Ensuring adherence to corporate governance.
This is a permanent position, offering an attractive salary & benefits package. If you have the right background, then please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter using the link below for our HR Software.
The closing date Monday 30 May 2022
In order to comply with UK Employment Law, all applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK or if from the EU, subject to receiving a relevant Skilled Worker Visa to work in the UK.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive; if you do not hear from us we will not be inviting you to interview on this occasion.
No agencies, thank you