Artios Pharma is currently recruiting for a Protein Scientist. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class research team in a dynamic Biotech company based near Cambridge, UK. Artios is focused on identifying and developing cancer treatments by exploiting novel targets within the DNA damage response (DDR), a scientific area of high expectation following the success of PARP inhibitors in the clinic. The Company is actively building an exciting portfolio of unique DDR projects and has the ambitious aim to quickly translate these discoveries into the clinic.
Outline of the role
You will join a growing research team within this innovative and expanding company. Your primary responsibility will be providing key reagents for Artios’ ongoing drug discovery projects. You will achieve this using insect cell and E. coli expression systems, to produce proteins for assays and crystallography for a variety of DNA repair enzymes. You will also work in multi-disciplinary collaborations with external scientists and leading academics, involving a high level of teamwork. Appointment will be made at scientist or senior scientist level depending on experience.
You will be a lab-based scientist and a key member of a team producing proteins to support Oncology projects with a significant focus on hit finding and drug discovery.
Qualifications and Experience
- PhD in Biochemistry, Biology or another relevant life science subject or a BSc/MSc degree with relevant experience, preferentially in industry
- Experience in construct design (for assays and crystallography) and molecular biology techniques, including molecular cloning
- Expertise in recombinant protein expression in E. coli and Insect cells. Mammalian expression experience is a plus
- Experience in establishing, optimising, and troubleshooting protein purification protocols, using AKTA systems
- Experience in the characterisation of proteins using biochemical and/or biophysical methods
- Experience of working in an industrial or biotechnology setting is highly desirable
- Background or experience in structural Biology is a plus
Key Skills and Abilities
- Protein production and troubleshooting skills
- Awareness of current developments in the literature
- Skills in teamwork and collaboration
- Knowledge of the drug discovery process
- Ability to work independently in an organised and methodical fashion
- High level of IT literacy
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Enthusiastic, collaborative, and inquisitive
- Flexible approach to change
This is a permanent position, offering an attractive salary & benefits package. If you have the qualities to be part of our team, please submit your application including a CV and covering letter quoting Reference Number 4259. Please apply using the link below and ensure that you click ‘upload’ before you finish your application.
The closing date is Monday 31st October 2022.
In order to comply with UK Employment Law, all applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK or if from the EU, subject to receiving a relevant Skilled Worker Visa to work in the UK.
No agencies, thank you.