Artios Pharma is currently recruiting for a cell and molecular biologist. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class research team in a dynamic Biotech company based near Cambridge, UK. Artios is focused on identifying and developing cancer treatments by exploiting novel targets within the DNA damage response (DDR), a scientific area of high expectation following the success of PARP inhibitors in the clinic. The Company is actively building an exciting portfolio of unique DDR projects and has the ambitious aim to quickly translate these discoveries into the clinic.
Outline of the role
You will join a disease-positioning team and will take part in various validation projects of targeted therapies and disease-positioning biomarkers in both monotherapy and combination settings using Artios’ small molecule experimental medicines. Your primary responsibility will be to validate disease positioning biomarkers, using cell-based viability experiments in cancer cell lines of various cellular models. The candidate will apply their technical expertise in cellular and molecular biology to contribute biological data to Artios’ ongoing drug discovery projects. There will be opportunities to work in multi-disciplinary collaborative networks, involving CRO’s and academic scientists. Validation approaches will include both chemical and genetic approaches such as gene editing, a broad range of cell viability assays and potentially CRISPR screens. There will be also opportunity to work on collaborative projects within Artios and multi-disciplinary collaborative networks, involving CRO’s and academic scientists.
The appointment will be at the Senior Scientist I level depending on experience.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven track record of delivering excellent quality research
- PhD in a life science subject or equivalent experience ideally within an industrial setting
- Extensive experience in cancer cell biology techniques particularly cell culture, cell viability and proliferation assays, basic molecular biology techniques
- Experience in gene editing, and CRISPR screens is advantageous
- Understanding of molecular oncology and drug discovery fields
- Expertise in the DDR field is desirable
Key Skills and Abilities
- Excellent technical skills in cell and molecular biology
- Enthusiasm and commitment to achieve within tight deadlines
- Knowledge of cancer drug discovery is desirable
- Ability to work independently in an organised and methodical fashion
- Good level of IT literacy
- Excellent communication, team working and presentation skills
- Excellent multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Flexible approach to change
This is a permanent position, offering an attractive salary & benefits package. If you have the right background, then please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter using the link below.
The closing date is Tuesday 9th August 2022.
In order to comply with UK Employment Law, all applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK or if from the EU/outside the EU, subject to receiving a relevant Skilled Worker Visa to work in the UK.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive; if you do not hear from us we will not be inviting you to interview on this occasion.
No agencies, thank you.