Artios Pharma is currently recruiting a scientist to join our imaging team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class research team in a dynamic, expanding biotech company based south of Cambridge, UK. Artios is focused on identifying and developing cancer treatments by exploiting novel targets within the DNA damage response (DDR), a scientific area of high expectation following the success of PARP inhibitors in the clinic. The company is actively working on an exciting portfolio of unique DNA repair projects.
We currently have two programmes in early phases of clinical development. These phase 1/2a studies are evaluating the small-molecule ATR inhibitor ART0380 and the first-in-class Pol Theta inhibitor ART4215 in patients with advanced or metastatic solid tumours.
You will join a growing research team within this innovative and expanding company. Your primary responsibilities will be to support the DDR imaging team in contributing biological data to Artios’ ongoing drug discovery projects. You will achieve this by applying your expertise in cell and molecular biology to develop and run high content imaging assays to understand the mode of action of Artios’ novel anticancer agents. You will also work in multi-disciplinary collaborations involving a high level of teamwork.
Qualifications and experience
• PhD or equivalent in a life science subject
• Minimum of three years’ experience working in a research environment
• Experience of in vitro pharmacology or drug discovery
• Experience working in an industrial setting
Key skills and abilities
• Excellent skills in a broad range of cell and molecular biology techniques including microscopy and / or high content imaging, flow cytometry, and cell culture
• Experience of sample preparation, image acquisition (widefield/confocal) and image analysis for immunofluorescence imaging
• Experience of optimising reagents and protocols for imaging and flow cytometry
• Expertise in the application of imaging assays to investigate DDR biology within in vitro and ex vivo samples
• Understanding of basic cancer cell biology
• Ability to troubleshoot experiments independently
• Ability to work independently in an organised and methodical fashion
• High level of team working skills required
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• High level of IT literacy
• Flexible approach to change
This is a. permanent position, offering an attractive salary & benefits package. If you have the right background, then please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter quoting Ref 4253 using the link below.
The closing date is Monday 18 July 2022
In order to comply with UK Employment Law, all applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK or if from the EU/outside the EU, subject to receiving a relevant Skilled Worker Visa to work in the UK.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive; if you do not hear from us we will not be inviting you to interview on this occasion.
No agencies, thank you