Artios is currently recruiting a Translational Science Scientist to join our expanding team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class research team in a dynamic, expanding biotech company based south of Cambridge, UK. Artios is focused on identifying and developing cancer treatments by exploiting novel targets within the DNA damage response (DDR), a scientific area of high expectation following the success of PARP inhibitors in the clinic. The company is actively working on an exciting portfolio of unique DNA repair projects.
We currently have two programmes in early phases of clinical development. These phase 1/2a studies are evaluating the small-molecule ATR inhibitor ART0380 and the first-in-class Polθ inhibitor ART4215 in patients with advanced or metastatic solid tumours.
We started our first clinical study with our small-molecule ATR inhibitor in February 2021, now stage 1b.
Outline of the role
You will join a growing research team within this innovative and expanding company. Your primary responsibilities will be to support the Translational Sciences team to deliver key reagents and assays for onward clinical development of Artios’ exciting pipeline.
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc in Molecular biology / Cell biology / Biochemistry or equivalent experience.
- Prior experience working in a biochemistry or cell biology research laboratory
- Significant experience running protein analysis assays i.e. western blots, ELISA’s.
- High level of competence working in a cell culture laboratory
- Experience working with CRO’s or collaborative partners
- Experience of optimising antibodies for immunohistochemistry
- Experience generating sh/siRNA cell lines
- Experienced in basic molecular biology techniques
Key Skills and Abilities
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially with external partners
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to ‘troubleshoot’ experiments independently
- Ability to work in a proactive, organised and methodical fashion
- Excellent attention to detail
- High level of IT literacy
- Flexible approach to change
This is a permanent position, offering an attractive salary & benefits package. Appointment will be at Scientist level depending on experience. If you have the right background, then please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter quoting Ref 4247 using the link below
The closing date is Monday 16 May 2022
In order to comply with UK Employment Law, all applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK or if from the EU, subject to receiving a relevant Skilled Worker Visa to work in the UK.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive; if you do not hear from us we will not be inviting you to interview on this occasion.
No agencies, thank you