Artios Pharma is currently recruiting a Cell and Molecular Biology Team Leader to join our expanding team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class research team in a dynamic, expanding biotech company based south of Cambridge, UK. Artios is focused on identifying and developing cancer treatments by exploiting novel targets within the DNA damage response (DDR), a scientific area of high expectation following the success of PARP inhibitors in the clinic.
The company is actively working on an exciting portfolio of unique DNA repair projects. We currently have two programmes in early phases of clinical development. These phase 1/2a studies are evaluating the small-molecule ATR inhibitor ART0380 and the first-in-class Pol -Theta inhibitor ART4215 in patients with advanced or metastatic solid tumours.
Outline of the role
You will lead a small disease-positioning team focused on validation of patient selection biomarkers for our novel targeted therapies in both monotherapy and combination settings. To achieve this, you will implement both chemical and genetic approaches, using a broad range of cell and molecular biology methodologies, such as cell viability assays, immunofluorescence and CRISPR technologies. There will also be opportunity to work within collaborative, multi-disciplinary collaborative networks, involving CRO’s and academic scientists.
The appointment will be at the Senior Scientist II or Principal Scientist level depending on experience.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven track record of delivering excellent quality research
- Ph.D. in a life science subject or equivalent experience followed by extensive experience in cancer biology and/or drug discovery fields
- Industrial experience is an advantage
- Extensive experience in cancer cell biology techniques such as cell culture, cell viability and proliferation assays, basic molecular biology techniques
- Experience in gene editing, and CRISPR screens is advantageous
- Deep understanding of molecular oncology and drug discovery fields
- Expertise in the DDR field is desirable
- Previous line management experience is desirable
Key Skills and Abilities
- Excellent technical skills in cell and molecular biology
- Enthusiasm and commitment to achieve within tight deadlines
- Knowledge of cancer drug discovery is desirable
- Ability to work independently in an organised and methodical fashion
- Good level of IT literacy
- Excellent communication, team working and presentation skills
- Excellent multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Flexible approach to change
This is a permanent position, offering an attractive salary & benefits package. Appointment will be at Scientist level depending on experience. If you have the right background, then please apply by uploading your CV with a covering letter quoting Ref 4272.
Please apply using the link below and ensure that you click ‘upload’ before you finish your application.
In order to comply with UK Employment Law, all applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK or if from the EU, subject to receiving a relevant Skilled Worker Visa to work in the UK.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you do not hear from us we will not be inviting you to interview on this occasion.
No agencies, thank you.